Home > BGP + MPLS 642-691 Exam > Share your MPLS + BGP Experience

Share your MPLS + BGP Experience

Please share with us your experience after taking the MPLS + BGP 642-691 exam, your materials, the way you learned, your recommendations…

Your posts are warmly welcome!

Please don’t ask for links to download copyright materials here…

Categories: BGP + MPLS 642-691 Exam Tags:
  1. chris
    April 16th, 2011 at 01:40 | #1

CCIP consists of Route, BGP, MPLS, QoS.
    No QoS discussion here ?

2. idan
    April 16th, 2011 at 01:41 | #2

i got ccnp and i want to do ccip.
    in which certification to begin??

tnx

3. Prajai
    April 16th, 2011 at 01:41 | #3

Hi, I have done ccnp 642-901. I’m planning to do CCIP. So i have to complete only BGP, MPLS and QOS right. No need to write 642-902 right. Pls clarify.

4. boom_zoom
    April 16th, 2011 at 01:41 | #4

hi all. passed with a mark of 1000 last April 13, 2011.
    all labs and D&D from this website are valid,,,, i’ve commented some tips on each of the category (check them out).
    for the multiple choice questions, i used 642-691 Cisco.CertifyMe.642-691.v2010-11-04.by.DoDo.80q.vce

materials used:
    Cisco Press BGP Design and Implementation eBook
    CBT Nuggets BGP video from the CCIE combo pack
    Cisco Press MPLS Fundamentals eBook

but then again, you can get a perfect score by just using iptut and some dumps,,,using materials are there for additional knowledge. so if you are currently working hands-on with these technologies like me, then i suggest reading books/materials, it will really be helpful to you!
    g’luck guys!

5. boom_zoom
    April 16th, 2011 at 01:41 | #5

@idan and @Prajai
    in that case, you dont need to take ROUTE anymore.
    you can take BGP and MPLS separately but why not just take 642-691 BGP+MPLS composite, its like hitting 2 birds at a time.
    and of course the QoS exam. you can take which ones first, either way you can only be certified as CCIP once you completed those all. gluck!!

6. ENA
    April 16th, 2011 at 01:42 | #6

Welcome guys In CCIP World .
    IM CNNP certified and now in progress BGP+MPLS
    and i want studying studying studying for more 4 months and then passing Hope so
    is early still for me but thnx for site
    i can get exam tomorrow and to pass it with dumps but i dont want it..

7. Dinesh
    April 18th, 2011 at 03:23 | #7

Hi Guys, I passed TSHOOT and became CCNP certified. So I hv decided to prepare for CCIP certification. Thanks a lot to Networktut for this portal. Now I hv started studying for BGP+MPLS composite examination.

The reason for which I decided to prefer CCIP certification is that currently I am working on BGP and MPLS technology. We migrating the existing lease line to MPLS-VPN. So I am very much excited to learn about BGP & MPLS in deep. BGP is the most tunable protocol in the world and MPLS is the industry standard CEF technology. So the study will be lots of fun and excitement.

Good luck everyone.

8. Raj
    April 18th, 2011 at 04:28 | #8

What meterial do you use for MPLS+BGP exam?

9. Raj
    April 18th, 2011 at 08:13 | #9

My bad I saw the previous post.

10. Dinesh
    April 19th, 2011 at 03:13 | #10

Hi Guys

Anybody has Skillsoft BGP & MPLS learning course, please provide me the link.

11. mjony
    April 19th, 2011 at 17:36 | #11

thanks GAD and thanks for the best web site i have never seen before like it.

i managed to get this exam with 1000/1000 and there is no new.

just study from this site and you will get it sure.

i aspire to update your web site for Voice as soon as possible

12. Anon
    April 20th, 2011 at 06:41 | #12

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can answer this for me…

The sims on this website are for BPG + MPLS exam. OK I understand that… but are the sims for the individual exams the same? OR are they completely different?

13. iptut
    April 20th, 2011 at 07:52 | #13

@Anon: The two sims posted on this site belong to the composite MPLS + BGP exam. In individual exam, for example MPLS 642-611, besides the MPLS TDP Neighbor Lab Sim (http://www.iptut.com/bgp-mpls-642-691-exam/lab-sim/mpls-tdp-neighbor-lab-sim) you will see another MPLS VPN Sim (which hasn’t been posted here).

14. nichole
    April 21st, 2011 at 14:49 | #14

How about for BGP 642-661 exam? Do you have any sim for that one?

15. Truffy-Chacolate
    April 22nd, 2011 at 19:59 | #15

Guys request you to plz share your experience and which dumps used. Who ever has given the composite exam, kindly conifirm which dumps to use and are questions changing?
    many thanks!

16. Dinesh
    April 23rd, 2011 at 02:53 | #16

Guys who are going to appear BGP+MPLS composite exam, would please tell which study materials u hv prefered for BGP and MPLS. Now I am preparing myself for BGP+MPLS composite examination. So your suggestion will be necessarily required for me.

Thanks..

17. Firefox
    April 23rd, 2011 at 09:46 | #17

Hey guys,

has everbody dumps and lab sims for the bgp 642-661.
    Thanks

18. Anonymous
    April 23rd, 2011 at 13:29 | #18

Can anybody provide the latest dumps/valid dumps.

19. Chess
    April 24th, 2011 at 11:13 | #19

Hi
    Do we have a site for 642-642 similar to this one ?

regards

20. Mr3000
    April 26th, 2011 at 17:51 | #20

@Ena and Dinesh

Just passed TSHOOT today so I’m continuing the journey with u guys. But, I think I’ll do Qos first since I work with Voice and my company’s paying for it.

21. Raj
    April 27th, 2011 at 04:27 | #21

@Dinesh

materials used:
    Cisco Press BGP Design and Implementation eBook
    CBT Nuggets BGP video from the CCIE combo pack
    Cisco Press MPLS Fundamentals eBook

22. tudm-db
    April 27th, 2011 at 11:09 | #22

Got CCNP certified 1st week of April, and headed for CCIP track before CCIE. Was quite please to see these discussions today.

Let me finish up my studying and do Qs later once i fully understand all the concepts….

Thanks once more guys

23. Dinesh
    April 27th, 2011 at 16:30 | #23

Welcome guys who have decided to go for CCIP certification. Once again thanking to admin for this amazing portal.

Now my BGP study is going on. What I saw that BGP attributes are the backbone of BGP study which give the flexibility to choose one route over another when multiple paths are available for same prefix.

Following are some materials that you can prefer for your BGP study.

1-Knowledgenet Configuring BGP 3.0(642-661)
    2-Internetwork Expert BGP Bootcamp
    3-NetMasterClass BGP Video on demand
    4- BGP case study from cisco site.
    5-Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) v3.2 Volume1/Volume2
    6-CiscoPress BGP-4 Command and Configuration Handbook

Check the following web site where you will get useful labs for CCIP( BGP/MPLS)

24. iptut
    April 27th, 2011 at 17:14 | #24

@Chess: For the QoS 642-642 please visit: http://voicetut.com/qos-642-642/share-your-qos-experience

25. Anonymous
    April 27th, 2011 at 22:06 | #25

Can anybody validate the dumps who has given the cert recently??

26. GK
    April 28th, 2011 at 15:56 | #26

Hi any can share the BGP PDF and CBT nuggets links… Thanks…

27. Dinesh
    April 29th, 2011 at 03:39 | #27

@GK
    Check the following two sites, you will get a lots of stuff of BGP and MPLS:

28. FunkMaster
    April 29th, 2011 at 05:14 | #28

Guys, one very quick question, how many labs are in this exam?

@GK, go to http://www.careercert.info for links to nuggets and pdf files on BGP and MPLS.

29. hilbert69
    April 29th, 2011 at 21:44 | #29

I just passed the BGP+MPLS exam today with 986/1000 score,and became CCIP certified.All questions are from vce.Thanks for this site!!!!

30. SC
    April 30th, 2011 at 17:01 | #30

i have scheduled the regular bgp 642-661 exam (not the composite) on Tuesday after learning the marital .what is the latest and valid dump for this test?
    thanks

31. Ameen
    May 2nd, 2011 at 00:54 | #31

hi all…. my exam will be on this coming wednesday. i haven’t studied anything except those 80 questions and this website. is that enough for me to pass the exam???

32. CCIPnext
    May 2nd, 2011 at 16:39 | #32

Ena/Dinesh 🙂
    Good to see you here,I am done with CCNP, I am planning to do CCIP too, I have a question: in order for me to be CCIP, do i have to take test for BGP+MPLS and QoS all three or just BGP+MPLS?
    Regards,

33. SC
    May 2nd, 2011 at 17:59 | #33

@CCIPnext
    To get the CCIP Cert you must pass 3 more exam out of 4 (the ROUTE exam you already passed when you passed the CCNP)
    The 3 exams are: QoS, BGP and MPLS
    one way to get the CCIP is to pass by take them one-by-one (3 exams)
    the other way is to pass the composite exam (BGP+MPLS) and QoS exam (2 exam)
    either way have a good luck 🙂

34. chris
    May 3rd, 2011 at 03:16 | #34

Should take separate MPLS module because you will learn
    Traffic Engineering..quite interesting topic.

35. CCIPnext
    May 3rd, 2011 at 19:33 | #35

I was wondering if anyone has the CBT link for BGP+MPLS+QoS?
    Regards,

36. myself
    May 3rd, 2011 at 22:09 | #36

@CCIPnext
    From CBT Nuggets there’s only QoS. Now as much as I like Jeremy’s teaching, I think INE’s offerings are better. Try searching for “INE 642-611 MPLS” , “INE 642-642 QoS” and “INE 642-661 BGP” on the following site: http://ebookee.org/ and choose the first links.
    http://www.careercert.info/ has a lot of good resources for those exams as well.
    Good luck.

37. myself
  38. Dinesh
    May 4th, 2011 at 06:17 | #38

@CCIPnext
    For details about CCIP Certifiaction visit the following link
    For INE CCIP bootcamp videos find the below link:
    BGP-> http://www.ebookee.net/Internetwork-Expert-BGP-Bootcamp_1127300.html
    MPLS-> http://www.ebookee.net/Internetwork-Expert-642-611-MPLS-Exam-Course_1122589.html
    QOS-> http://www.ebookee.net/INE-642-642-QoS-Exam-Course_1084300.html
    But my personal preference is Knowledgenet and NetmasterClass.

39. CCIPnext
    May 4th, 2011 at 13:39 | #39

@SC,Chris and myself thank you so much for your valuable advices and help and I appreciate it.
    Regards,

40. SC
    May 4th, 2011 at 20:25 | #40

passed the BGP 642-661 exam
    materials that i used
    1. read BGP 642-661 Student Guide – Vol – 1 & 2
    2. CBT Nuggest – from the CCNP Route Exam & From the CCIE Exam
    3. this site site
    4. BGP_642-661_P4S_v2.75_194Q – 100% valid

95% from the exam Question covered in the Student Guide but there are some topics like “bandwidth like dmzbw something issue ” that arent covered there

41. CCIPnext
    May 5th, 2011 at 01:52 | #41

@SC-Congratulation
    where can I get p4s which you used for exam?
    BGP_642-661_P4S_v2.75_194Q – 100% valid

Regards,

42. Anon
    May 5th, 2011 at 03:41 | #42

@SC
    Congrats on passing, I have been using the same materials that you have been, but without the P4S. I usually only go through the dumps 1-2 days before I sit the exam to make sure I know everything. Thanks for filling me with a bit more confidence that I am studying the right stuff.

43. SC
    May 5th, 2011 at 05:23 | #43

@CCIPnext

@Anon
    i hate using p4s but there is alot that you can learn from them. lot of them questions i answered wrong caused me to investigate the topics again, create a lab to understand y i was wrong. p4s dump is another good resource to learn from.
    either way have a goood luck

44. NB
    May 5th, 2011 at 10:21 | #44

@Ameen
    Did u give the exam. Please update.

45. Ahmed
    May 5th, 2011 at 22:01 | #45

Hi

I am going to take exam next week, please tell me how many Labs , & the labs mentioned here still valid, dum of 80Q is it valid?

appreciate your support

46. Ahmed
    May 7th, 2011 at 17:30 | #46

dear iptut

you said : “you will see another MPLS VPN Sim (which hasn’t been posted here).”

where I can find that Sim ? , please help

47. Ashutosh Gowarikar
    May 7th, 2011 at 17:43 | #47

Hi Friends,

I am planning to give the QoS exam 642-642, can anyone help me with the SIM that are coming the exams.

Please help.

Ashu

48. Richard
    May 7th, 2011 at 19:58 | #48

Hey Guys,

I am CCNP (Routing+Switching+ISCW+ONT) and its a valid CCNP, now if I complete the two papers of CCIP (MPLSandBGP +QoS) will I be a CCIP??

Cheers!!!
    Richard

49. iptut
    May 7th, 2011 at 22:55 | #49

@Richard: Yes, you will be CCIP!

50. iptut
    May 7th, 2011 at 22:57 | #50

@Ahmed: All the sims of the composite MPLS+BGP were posted here. You will only see the MPLS VPN Sim mentioned above in the separate MPLS exam. We will try to post this sim soon!

51. Ahmed
    May 8th, 2011 at 09:58 | #51

dear iptut
    many thanks

52. Rajat
    May 8th, 2011 at 13:35 | #52

Hi Guys,

I am going to take exam( BGP+MPLS 642-691 ) next week,can some please advice should going though only DoDO and IPTUT I will pass the exam or should I have to go for some other stuff too?

53. joe
    May 8th, 2011 at 18:26 | #53

Hi dear,

have anyone made MPLS 642-611 exam? What material did you use and what was at the exam?

Thanks

54. iptut
    May 9th, 2011 at 00:56 | #54

@joe: It is enough for passing this exam.

55. Rajat
    May 9th, 2011 at 11:17 | #55

Hi Guys,
    I am going to take exam( BGP+MPLS 642-691 ) next week,can some please advice should going through only DoDO and IPTUT 80 questions,I will pass the exam or should I have to go for some other stuff ?

Regards,

56. joe
    May 9th, 2011 at 13:37 | #56

@iptut what is enough for passing? I asked for used materials and you did not mentioned any.

are somewhere the 7 TE questions? I have read, that they are not in p4s so I am curious. Thanks

57. Chinmai
    May 9th, 2011 at 21:08 | #57

Hi Dinesh/myself

You guys have mentioned aboute INE video tutorials. Are they up for grabs for free?? I tried downloading but no luck. Can you share the exact link from which I can dwnld the stuff.
    I have checked out a bit of those vids and they are cool..a must go through for mpls asspirants.
    Please share if anyone else has an update on this.
    My email : chinmai.gairola@yahoo.com

Many Thanx! Cheerz!!!

58. SR
    May 9th, 2011 at 22:21 | #58

Hi Guys
    @ ENA and Dinesh : Thanks guys for your advices on TSHOOT. I’ve passed that

@ENA, Dinesh, myself or anyone….

I’ve started preparing BGP. I’ve also downloaded CBT Nuggets for BGP from 4Shared. However I can’t unzip these files as they are asking for password.
    Could any of you have the password for it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

59. Dinesh
  60. iptut
    May 10th, 2011 at 08:13 | #60

@joe: Sorry joe, I wanted to talk to Rajat. For MPLS 642-611 you should read:
    + KnowledgeNet Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) 2.0 Student Guide
    + MPLS Student Guide
    + MPLS and VPN Arthetecture
    I am not sure the dumps used for MPLS 642-611, hope someone will suggest soon.

61. SR
    May 10th, 2011 at 23:00 | #61

thanks Dinesh……

62. Anonymous
    May 11th, 2011 at 09:46 | #62

i passed 2day 642-691 1000/1000 this file is 101% valid tnx dodo n all
    2 labs frm dis site (az it iz same ip add)
    3 dnd
    total q.48
    all question from dodo
    here is the link

63. sanchint
    May 11th, 2011 at 18:37 | #63

hi how many labs will come in this exam??

64. Anonymous
    May 12th, 2011 at 10:01 | #64

hello everyone i,m reading the book on bgp and mpls but i still need help
    understanding any advise ?
    what are the best training videos ?

65. j
    May 13th, 2011 at 17:49 | #65

plz guys can u tell me the fees for this exam ?

66. NB
    May 14th, 2011 at 14:23 | #66

cleared BGP+MPLS 1000/1000. all from the dumps.

67. SEN
    May 14th, 2011 at 18:46 | #67

I want Acronyms and Definitions all about ccnp papper Route Switch and Tshoot in short fundamentals like this…..

DHCP = Automatic ip allocation
    Routing = routing is the process of path formation from 1 n/w to othar n/w.
    VLSM = It use for Judicial use of IP address.
    SUMMERIZATION = longest Bit match.
    Vector = next Router entry point in that diration.
    A.D = Rate of trustworthiness…..

I want that type of Fundamentals so If you can please help me and please mail me on my mail-id

sanjay_soni1740@yahoo.com Thanks my friends…..

68. BGP
    May 14th, 2011 at 19:13 | #68

all friends,

I dont know after CCNP people join CCIP and not CCIE R&S.??????
    what is better for future to stay on and go to CCIE or choose CCIP like you friends???? Why I choose CCIP???????
    Thanks my all friends please help me

69. Akash
    May 14th, 2011 at 21:39 | #69

Dear All,

I am going to take BGP+MPLS combo exam in couple of days,can some one please let me know will these two simulator answers in IPTUT are correct because DoDO has not given the answer’s for the simulators and we can not cross check the same.

Thanks in advance.

Quick response will be highly appreciated !

Regards,
    Akash

70. IPnext
    May 15th, 2011 at 03:00 | #70

@NB
    Congratualtion:)
    Which one did you use p4s or dodo with 80qs

71. Rajat
    May 15th, 2011 at 14:08 | #71

@NB
    congrats !
    was all questions came from IPTUT? or you used DoDO too?which simulator you got in exam?
    Can you please let me know the explanation given for simulator is correct in IPTUT?

Regards

72. CCIP
    May 16th, 2011 at 08:16 | #72

@BGP the reason i am pursing CCIP after my CCNP is it makes life easier when studing for CCIE R&S , will not wait time on MPLS+BGP and QoS topics

73. Alpha
    May 16th, 2011 at 08:18 | #73

Hi guys,

I am planning to give my exam next week, Can anyone tell me from where i can get the lab simulator

Regards

74. CCIP
    May 16th, 2011 at 08:19 | #74

@NB please shared more light on which P4S you used if possible please kindly share the link (URL) …….

75. CCIP
    May 16th, 2011 at 08:20 | #75

@NB congr8ts ****************!!!!!!!!!!

76. plopbip
    May 16th, 2011 at 11:22 | #76

Hi,

For my part, I study CCIP after my CCNP to complete some requirements on CCIE (MPLS, BGP, QoS). These technologies are not enough covered on CCNP studies to be good prepared to CCIE.

Best regards,

77. NB
    May 16th, 2011 at 15:23 | #77

DoDo’s P4S is more than enough. ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

78. alpha
    May 17th, 2011 at 11:10 | #78

@NB these 80 questions are enough,

Can anyone help me in getting the Labs ? for GNS3

79. Ahmed
    May 17th, 2011 at 12:47 | #79

Hi,

today passed 1000/1000 unbelievable

many 1000s thanks to DoDo & iptut

same questions , same ip addresses, same structure of multi choice, every thing is same.
    I finished in 31 min.

again many thanks

80. Ahmed
    May 17th, 2011 at 19:11 | #80

Passed today 1000/1000
    DoDo is great still valid every thing is the same
    Thanks very mush

81. alpha
    May 18th, 2011 at 06:55 | #81

What abt the labs? and hwo many ?

are they same or teh different ones

82. pOp
    May 18th, 2011 at 10:42 | #82

Regarding the Central Service VPN question, I feel the correct answer should be just the server, not client.

83. abhi
    May 18th, 2011 at 12:22 | #83

hey people in old cbt nugget ccnp iscw vedios we have mpls vedio training.try them

84. alpha
    May 18th, 2011 at 12:55 | #84

@PoP

Yea the answe in P4S is only server…

85. charu
    May 18th, 2011 at 14:03 | #85

can anybody send the link for dodo’s pass4sure for mpls+bgp composite exam.. planning to take the exam next week..

86. charu
    May 18th, 2011 at 14:22 | #86

i can see only 5 questions on this link.. am i missing something..

87. Rajat
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:00 | #87

Hi Charu,

send me your email id at rajat787@gmail.com,I will send therequired pdf in the email.

88. myself
    May 22nd, 2011 at 12:14 | #88

@charu

You can only see 5 q’s because you are using the shareware version of VCE. Try getting the cracked version (Visual.CertExam.Suite.v1.9.978-ZWT).

89. Tanu
    May 22nd, 2011 at 22:15 | #89

@IPTUT

How many total labs are in BGP+MPLS 642-691 Exam, As per DoDo its three but as per IPTUT its two,please clarify.

90. iptut
    May 23rd, 2011 at 02:49 | #90

@Tanu: There are only 2 labs in BGP+MPLS 642-691 Exam. Please check the DoDo again.

91. Riya
    May 23rd, 2011 at 06:24 | #91

Hi IPTUT,

Can you please tell me if I prepare this 80 questions I will pass 642-691 or should I have to go through other stuff too? Can you please send me the link through I can check other stuff too?

92. iptut
    May 23rd, 2011 at 07:34 | #92

@Riya: Yes, you will pass but make sure you understand all the concepts behind.

93. Riya
    May 23rd, 2011 at 10:46 | #93

thanks iptut.

94. Riya
    May 24th, 2011 at 11:41 | #94

Hi IPTUT,

I can see today that another link for BGP+MPLS 642-691 has posted today,
    Cisco CertifyMe 642-691 v2011-05-19 by Bliss 87q.vce
    not sure if its valid or not can you please advice? also i can see that we can have only 5 questions if I open it how can we get all the questions?

95. plopbip
    May 24th, 2011 at 13:38 | #95

After doing all the test, I can see that there are some redundant questions. So for me 642-691 v2011-05-19 by Bliss 87q.vce and 642-691.v2010-11-04.by.DoDo.80q.vce are the same.

Best regards,

96. Riya
    May 24th, 2011 at 19:28 | #96

@plopbip

how we can get the cracked version of both 642-691 v2011-05-19 by Bliss 87q.vce and 642-691.v2010-11-04.by.DoDo.80q.vce ???

97. plopbip
  98. myself
    May 25th, 2011 at 10:55 | #98

@Riya

There is no cracked version of a dump. What you need is the cracked version of the program Visual CertExam. I can’t remember where I downloaded it from, but search the Inet for “VCE cracked”.

99. Morakh
    May 25th, 2011 at 19:30 | #99

Hi guys, can some one please send me the pdf file of P4S April 23, 2011 version??? Thanks in advanced

100. Morakh
    May 25th, 2011 at 19:32 | #100

my email address is morakh@yahoo.com…thanks

Comment pages